When you say "Correct" the crank, are your intentions to re-grind ? If so, will you re-nitride to bring it back to the hardness level that it was intended to be ?
AG.

Source's nitride extends to .014.Remember we are trying to keep it a budget build not see how bad we can make it or how much money we can spend unnessarrly.That would not be fair to anyone.

why would you believe that they can hold .014 depth on the nitiding when they have obvious issues with the other machined critical features of the crank. I'm not an engine machinest but definetly an end user that has bought budget stuff in the past. I would be very unconfortable with the fact that someone is shaving the bearings with a knife or grinding the crank to bring it within tolerance or pressing it back into shape because of run-out. Again, not a bashing fest but a comment from an end user looking at "budget" parts. It seems like these extra labor cost get lost/ignored in the final price of the build or when someone claims it was done on a budget. If you would report on the cost TO THE CUSTOMER and not your cost to fix, then that would interesting.
This is not a malicious stab so please don't take offense.
Allan

Not taking any offence Allen,but don't understand your point that your trying to make.If you pay for a budget assembly why try and make a Source crank into a Bryant.Many engine builders choose to cut a bearing to correct a radius interference.The cost of regrinding a crank opposed to an hour or so of shop labor negates any savings.You may not like cutting the bearing but it is and has been an acceptable practice,not VooDoo.As far nitride,it can be done in a few different methods and the depth can vary from manufacture to manufacture and process to process.The most common is a salt bath nitride process which Chrysler used for years and usually only penetrated aprox .003,the gas ion process allows for further penatration,and a induction furnace/gas ion process can penatrate to greater depths .025 to .035 or greater.The only limit is the density of the material,less dense material will allow a white blushing of the finished product.The runout on number one was minimal and acceptable but to the high side of what I perferr.I talked to the crank grinder today and he said live with it,no one in this part of the country can get it any closer,it was at .0014+- a tenthousandth(problem solve).As far as believing anyone,who can answer that,I guess if it was Bryant's claim it would have to be the gospel.Somewhere some engineers figure with a particular process for a particular amont of time will penetrate a particular density of material at a particular rate and depth.I'am in no position to question them.What happens to the Nitride when you micropolish a crank?Nothing,polishing only cleans the surface of pertruding materials and oxidations and does not remove material.If your removing material your machining and cutting,anyway this is far from the original intent of the original post and I still don't understand your position or intent,sorry,don't mean to offend you,you may have better knowledge on the subject.