My GTX has the #'s matching engine so it won't be getting any modern swaps. I bought the '65 Belvedere with hopes of putting a GenII Hemi in it with a crossram and making a A-990 clone. I had the engine for it twice, the first one I got screwed by a engine builder and it took me five years to get some of it back. I again had a complete engine (carbs to oil pan) but due to financial troubles I had to sell it off to keep my head above water. I even had a PS Hemi99 that I planned to use, but in the end decided it really wasn't what I wanted and sold it at a profit.

Fast forward to today and I'd like to finally make something happen with this car. It's a rust free Arizona radio delete /6 post car so I have no issue with moving away from it's original drivetrain. Unfortunately my timing is as messed up as always and affordable GenII blocks are a thing of the past. I see stock, used up blocks for $6500. A KB block (when one becomes available to me) will cost $8000 and no one knows when it can be bought. I could handle paying the high cost of buying another set of Stage V heads and rocker gear, and paying more for a block, but 8k+ for just a block is really just too much for me to stomach I'm taking a long, hard look at putting a GenIII Hemi in it and making the same or more HP for way less money. The power to dollar ratio of these engines combined with the great availability of stock cores and aftermarket parts make these modern Hemis impossible to ignore,

'65 Belvedere
'68 GTX
'57 Dodge pickup