Stop kicking other mopars. The old hemi does produce a ton of HP in Super Stock and other classes. One problem with the older iron Hemi stuff is it is worn out being pounded for 40+ years. I you want to talk turkey my friends NA World Aluminum Block and FHO Stage V heads at 572 CI on the Dyno made 1365 HP. It is all what you want to build and how long you want to race it before you rebuild it or have to rebuild it. I remember FHO blown 500 CI Hemi with a 14 71 on it. It made a ton of HP near 3000 about 25 year ago in his street car. There all good just run what you like and can afford to replace or repair. I just wish Chrysler had looked a little farther in the future when it came to the new Challenger. The Mustang was out and they were light in weight and Chrysler did not compete with the weight factor comparing the Challenger to the Mustang or even the Camaro. They tried to even the score with a Helper but that is only a bolt on for GM and Ford. I like old motors in old cars and new stuff in new cars. Yes the new tech works wonders so use it on an old motor and put it in an old car. The learning curve is not that tough, all you have to do is ask any kid that runs an SRT4 at the track to explain what to do and what to buy. My son is one of these people and always bugging me to toss the carbs and run fuel management.

1971 HEMI E BODY REGISTRY