Originally Posted by madscientist
Originally Posted by BradH
Originally Posted by 1980volare
All the SB and bb guys are mad cause they have $2000+ heads that don’t flow what stock pre eagle heads flow...

OK, so, what do stock pre-Eagle heads flow?

And what's the best OEM Gen III head available on a street-legal production car flow?

Honestly, I'm curious what data your claim is based upon.

Never try and have a discussion with a guy who thinks airflow numbers mean something. For the most part, they don't. I can make 300 CFM on early W-2 castings all day long. Who cares? Guys talking flow either have never ported heads to the point where they have been paid for it, or they just don't know what they are talking about.

While you're right about head flow discissions, I will bite on this with the disclaimer that I am not a cylinder head PRO, but I do know my way around the flow bench.

Our bench is stingy, but calculated on a regular basis...still seems to be stingy.

My fresh VJ stock Eagles went 297 @ .600"

My non fresh VJ used non-Eagles went @ 266 @ .600"

**Flowed on a 3.950 fixture

The best OE G3 head are the Apache versions - They reportedly see 325-340 cfm depending on the bench. 400 cfm on those babies is cake I am told.

I have $470 out of pocket cost in my Eagles, that ultimately went .326/.226, including rockers, shafts and new springs/retainers/locks, ready to bolt on. Bang. For. The. Buck.

Last edited by cudadoug; 03/28/19 05:46 PM.