Originally Posted by GTS340
Originally Posted by pittsburghracer
We have all followed Andys mostly stock block big block builds ranging from 600-900 horsepower NA.
Most of Andy's builds hit 800 PLUS NA with TrickFlow or Indy heads.
The one thing I do get tired of hearing is guys complaining about owning "fat cars". Well there is a way to fix that issue too if you really want to go fast.

A few things come to mind here:
I think everyone here with a little knowledge has their own thoughts on Andy's dyno numbers...
Are you implying that a stock block build is a great idea when targeting 600-900 horsepower??
Don't Sixpackgut and Steff both have pump gas STREET cars that weigh significantly more than your tin can bracket car and run the same or faster 1/4 mile ET?

I’m just stating the facts buddy. Don’t use mine as a comparison because it’s built as a weekly bracket racer with a solid lifter cam and a 850 carb. Not one trick go fast part on my engine. Heck I still run old school ring pacs. The test n tuners running the coastal states with killer air won’t even go out if the conditions aren’t in their favor. I’m not sure what’s up with Rays barracuda as I haven’t heard times from it in decades. Some of you still aren’t hearing me say I think the Gen3 is a great package and can run some great numbers but I also see guys having fitness issues a diving in before it’s planned out. I grew out of having powerful street cars over 30 years ago so for me personally a 10-11 second NA street car doesn’t interest me. Maybe it will when I get older to keep racing.

1970 Duster
Edelbrock headed 408
5.984@112.52
422 Indy headed small block
5.982@112.56 mph
9.42@138.27

Livin and lovin life one day at a time