Originally Posted by BradH
Originally Posted by pittsburghracer
... And East coast racing is good for at least .15 towards a new best. Bring those cars inland to 2400-whatever air and add some humidity to it. Let’s see those numbers then NA. And that Washington guy has it down good. One of the 3 or so builds I would follow to those building them.

Data from MIR in an August when I had the Challenger there shows a calculated density altitude of 3,913.501 ft. And, yes, the car was off about .3 and 3 MPH from what it would run in the fall weather a few months later

Even the close-to-sea-level tracks in the Mid-Atlantic take a hit w/ the summer heat & high humidity; it ain't always mineshaft air quality here, either. It could have easily been 5+ degrees hotter and closer to 100% humidity, which would have jacked the DA up even more.

But then again we don’t brag about mid August runs do we. Lol. Guys post up that one 9.52 number when it was 52 degrees, 29.20 barometer, and 10 percent humidity. Heck don’t ask me why but most of the test n tuners dont even check air conditions on their own gauges.

1970 Duster
Edelbrock headed 408
5.984@112.52
422 Indy headed small block
5.982@112.56 mph
9.42@138.27

Livin and lovin life one day at a time