Originally Posted by pittsburghracer
Not blaming fat cars at all, just stating that they run what you run at a lot more weight, what would Triple Threats 392 that pushes his 3400lb car to 9.70s do in your 2800lb car? Or Ray's pumpgas 426? Which is a very mild build
Can any idiot not make a 2800lb car run a respectable number?

Not necessarily true. Most guys can't build a high 10 second car let alone a low 9 second car. I've even watched guys have profession engine builders do an engine for them and it can't run a respectable number because they can't set up a car. LOL

Its always fun having internet discussions with "cement heads" only to find out they don't or never did have a car. Maybe DADDY did at one time long ago. PLEASE tell us YOUR story GTS340. Have you ever raced and what were YOUR numbers. Or is that GTS340 just a pipe dream or is it something you park under the maple trees at the car shows. I can't wait to hear YOUR racing stories. For tomorrows lesson we will touch on the different ways and differences between how Bracket cars are set up and how test n tuners set up for faster ET's instead of consistency. Stay tuned or should we start a new post for this subject?

Nope, never raced anything other than a BMX bike. I live in my aunties basement with my cats. I bought a killer heads up car years ago but will never do anything with it as I realize my life long aspiration is to some day bracket race and talk about how fast I am