Quote:

I am extremely happy to announce that I found the culprit to the overly rich mixture at fast idle, from 1500 rpm to 2500 rpm. It was indeed the high speed air bleeds, for the most part. I removed all 4 high speed air bleeds and waited until it got dark. Fired it up with the choke/fast idle on and I let it idle for about 5 minutes on the fast idle. I heard a few faint pops out the exhaust here and there, but nothing compared to how it was before. I decided to look at the hedders after about 5 minutes of it idling on the fast idle.
On the drivers side nothing was glowing at all, on the passenger side the two last hedder pipes running off of cylinder 6 and 8 were slightly showing a little bit of red, it wasn't glowing bright orange like it was when the high speed bleeds were in place, but you could see a little red, not glowing, but you could see it. So that leads me to believe the idle circuit is a little on the rich side with the .030 idle feed restrictors and the .070 idle air bleeds.
I was thinking I would order one more .028 idle feed restrictor because I have 3 .028 idle feed restrictors I broke the fourth one. And some .033 and some .035 high speed air bleeds. Then I was thinking when that arrived I would install all four .028 idle feed restrictors along with the .070 idle air bleeds and then install the .033 high speed bleeds and see what that does.
With the high speed bleeds completely removed, I had to of been idling strictly on the idle feed restrictors and the idle air bleeds tonight with it on the fast idle, and for 2 of the hedder pipes on cylinder 6 and 8 to slightly light up red shows me I have the idle mixture a tad too rich. So I think going with the .028 idle feed restrictors and the bigger .033 high speed air bleeds is a step in the right direction. I will also check my plugs before firing it up again to make sure I didn't foul any. I only ran it for about 10 minutes total today, but it doesn't take much to foul a plug in my expierence.

How often do you let your motor run at 1500 to 2500 RPM in nuetral for more than 2 to 3 minutes on the choke? I'm thinking your fighting a fight that doesn't need fighing BTW, if it is dripping fuel into the motor from the venturi boosters at those RPM you are off the idle and transition circuits and into the mains Dude, you are getting a education Now get to having some fun, go drive that rascal like you stole it

Mr.Cab Racing and winning with Mopars since 1964. (Old F--t, Huh)