Well I discovered something a little starnge. If you let the engine sit for around 6 hours or more and fire it up with the choke on and the fast idle on it starts popping out the exhaust and sounding lean again. I just fired it up about 10 minutes ago and it's dark out, so I decided to pop the hood while it was idling on the fast idle and my hedders are still glowing red! I grabbed a screwdriver and I turned the idle mixture screws out about 1/4 turn each and it made the red go away a little bit on the hedders but they were still glowing red.
How in the hell can .031 idle feed restrictors and .065 idle air bleeds be too lean on this engine? especially at 4000 feet above sea level, I was under the impression that when your 4000 feet above sea level your carburetor will run richer. The only other thing I can think of that's contributing to this lean condition on the fast idle I my 2 inch 4 hole carburetor spacer. Is it possible this spacer has leaned that circuit down because it's such a big spacer? I have some .032 idle feed restrictors and some .033 idle feed restrictors. So I am going to put the .033 idle feed restrictors in it tomorrow and see if that takes care of this issue. One thing that I don't understand is if you have already ran the engine and then fire it up with the choke and fast idle on it doesn't pop out the exhaust and sound lean, it only does it if its sat for at least 6 hours or more. Whats up with that? And is .031 idle feed restrictors and .065 idle air bleeds a lean combonation for the idle and off idle circuit?