It appears from what you have written that you are lean from idle to 2500rpms which would point to the idle/transfer circuit, not the main jetting. The idle and transfer consist of the Idle Feed Resisters, Idle Air Bleeds, and the metering screws. You noted that your metering screws are 1-1/4 turns out which sounds like a lot for a QF carb. If you richened up your IFR's, you might be able to get the metering screws back down under 1 turn (Z at QF suggests under one turn out each.)

My guess is that your .025 IFR's are too lean and you are making up for that by turning your metering screws outward to 1-1/4 turns. Once you are off idle, the metering screw setting still affect the A/F during the transition into the main circtuit. But, above idle, the IFR's and the IAB's are also contributing to your A/F ratio. Since you richened it up by adding 3-4 pump shots, that is telling you that you are lean and could be the real reason for the red headers. I would suggest going back up to the .031 IFR's to richen up your transition circuit.

(REF NOTES ONLY: On my Super Street QF carb, my mains start in around 2500-2700rpms. In four years, I have never had my metering screws in or out more or less than 1/2 to 7/8 turn outward each. I currently run .033IFR's and .050 front and .060 rear IAB's and I get 14.0-14.2 at 45mph which is 2400rpms but I am at a lower elevation than you. I looked back at my tuning notes and I found that when I first started tuning with an A/F meter, I was running with .028 IFR's and my 1700rpm cruise was WAY LEAN at 17.0 and my 2500rpm cruise was still lean at 15.6. [E10 fuel]. QF also suggests floats set at 1/2 up the glass. My SS also came with 68 main jets and I am now running 67's. I have tried 58-67 main jets with many other changes while testing A/F ratio's. The 67's give me mid 13 A/F readings at cruising speeds at 55-65mph [2700-3300rpms] which is my current goal) and they give me the most throttle response when my PV is open [along with .078 PVCR's])

1970 YO7 A66 [Canadian Export] F8 Challenger
340 (Currently in shop for stroker assy.)