I received the .020 idle feed restrictors this afternoon. I installed them and put the carb back together, only now it wont idle on it's own I think I put a metering block gasket on wrong or crooked.
But I did hold the throttle steady at about 2500 rpm and I watched the hedders and they started to glow red again. Before doing that I took all my plugs out and I had 2 fouled plugs.
So I put 2 new plugs in it tonight. I will tear into it tomorrow and try to figure out why it wont idle, I am 90 percent sure it has something to do with a metering block gasket blocking something off because they came off with the metering block and I had to put them back on in the dark with a flash light.
I have been wondering and I don't know if this is possible but I think it might be, do you think my high speed air bleeds are too small and that is allowin the mains to come on faster then they should? and do you think that could contribute to the extremely rich mixture I have at fast idle? That's the only other thing I can think of, unless .020 idle feed restrictors are too big. But that's the smalles idle feed restrictor quick fuel sells.