I think you went backwards on some adjustments from the original post? I would use the original restriction and bleeds, they sounded OK. Check vacuum in gear and use a power valve that is 1/2 or lower than that, so if you have 10" vacuum, use a 4.5 power valve. Once the carb is set at your idle speed, pull the carb and check that the throttle blades are not so far open they are exposing the transfer slot. A small amount of exposed transfer slot (so it looks like a square) is OK. If the transfer slot is exposed, you may be able the crack the rear throttle blades a small amount. I don't know it the carb has an adjustable idle air bleed? I usually have to drill the throttle blades to allow a bit of idle air through with the throttle blades don't expose the transfer slot. I would then just work on adjusting your jetting and accelerator pump.

I read through the rest of the posts. As I mentioned above, make sure the throttle blades are not too far open at idle, then the idle screws can be adjusted for the correct mixture. The spark plugs might also be too cool a heat range for your combination causing them to foul easier than they should.

Last edited by 451Mopar; 07/11/14 03:07 AM.