well I am confused but I think I might know what was going on before with the plugs fouling. I just realized that my idle mixture screws were 2 turns out on all 4 with the .025 idle feed restrictors. I was counting one full revolution of the screwdriver as 1 turn. I installed the .031 ifr's in it tonight and I put my largest .072 set of idle air bleeds in it and I fired it up with the choke on and while it was on the fast idle it wasn't popping like it was with the .025 and .028 ifr's, I thought I heard a few faint pops here and there but nothing really loud, you have to listen for them.
Anyways got it up to operating temp and I put the transmission in drive and blocked my rear tires. Then I set the idle mixture screws to the best vaccum reading. That ended up being 1 turn out on all 4 mixture screws and I noticed that the mixture screws are a lot more responsive now. 1/4 of a turn in or out makes the idle vaccum go down and you can hear a change in the idle. I also lowered my float a little bit because I figured going to the larger .031 ifr's might be too much, I lowered them down to the bottom of the sight glass instead of being half way up the sight glass.
Now my guess for the plugs fouling is because I forgot to put the vent back in on the primary metering block and I know it flooded the crap out of my engine. And my guess to why I fouled some plugs when I first installed the carburetor is because I think I left it running too long with the idle mixture screws being way too rich because iremember seeing black smoke coming from exhaust.
It seems to be doing a lot better right now with the .031 ifr's and the .072 iab's. I will run it for a few days and pull the plugs again and check them out.