Demon carbs

I LOVE original style holley carbs. But for dependability, it has been in my experience, that edelbrocks are the best---which i put a 750 on this truck.

Running problems, included removing the quadrajunk carb so no it at least runs ok, its very rough running, but im thinking the plugs are wiped out from the ill running Q-Jet, the plug wires are el'cheapo something or other as is the cap and rotor, the thing sounds like its running on about 6 cylinders, the drivers side head has the end studs broken off, so it exhaust leaks like crazy from the headers, 99% sure all 4 tires are out of balance (doesnt surprise me if it was sitting), the fan shroud was cracked unbeknownst to me which made a hell of a racket when it moved and the fan hit it, i have to pull the distrib and see whats up with that because i think someone has put to light of springs in it, this amoung a not so great ride quality (or maybe it was the poor running the made the ride unquality, LOL).

Also, i noticed the kick down was made/modified (which i have no problem with), but its not exactly right (which i do have a problem with), so when i went to punch it, besides it spitting/farting/backfireing all over the place as it was gaining speed, it put the trans into nuetral for a HUGE surprise under almost full throttle which i was not expecting.

So basically, if you drive it like grandma, it'll be fine, past that, forget it. I just need to spend some time with it (like a full weekend) and get it sorted all out as this motor is a complete unknown.

Up next on the list is a compression check, new plugs/wires/cap/rotor. Then i will borrow my friends leakdown checker to see what is really up with this engine and to see if its sound enough for future mods.

Outcast Dodge guy.