Well, i finaly finished the exhaust. It took me all day to do it---some of it was just welding time. Anyways, this is the second toy i have done not replacing the entire system---my opinion, Do the whole system---much easier to start from scratch.

So what i did, i kept the y-pipe that was already off the headers, i redid the 3" pipe to the muffler, i replaced the muffler with a very used magnaflow i had, and redid the 3" tailpipe and added a factory resonator muffler from a new ram truck (also where the tail pipe that i cut up and rewelded came from too).

It is MUCH quieter now, I think its a hair on the quiet side and she thinks its a hair to loud still, but once we start driving it we'll see. Eventually i will redo the entire system including headers and put a cat convertor back in it so i dont have trouble with inspections down the road (i have my inspectors license but cant use it as i no longer work at a facility the does inspections). And by the way, i am a heavy flowmster user, this is the first magnaflow i have had and i was really impressed with it after i started the truck up without the tailpipe on it, It has a very nice mellow tone to it---the resonator just dampened it to a more tolerable level for long cruises. So that and putting the edelbrock carb on was my weekend of getting this '85 running better.

Outcast Dodge guy.