Originally Posted By Monte_Smith
Originally Posted By madscientist
Originally Posted By Monte_Smith
Not a popular thought........but a Dana is a truck rear end. I don't care if it did come in some passenger cars, it was designed for a truck. I don't want a heavy truck rear end under my race car. Plus the 9" has all the aftermarket support in the world.

Jesus, they used the 9 inch in trucks too.

The only thing the 9 has going for it is gears. I know several Stock guys who ditched the 9 to get a 12 bolt and went faster with the 12 bolt.

Not everyone is Pro Mod.
The ONLY thing is gears?......LOL!!! Ok, whatever you say. A Dana is heavy, the gear selection sucks, serviceability sucks and in a hard leaving car, you can NOT brace the housing to keep it from bending. Can't be done without adding a jungle gym of tubing bracing that may or may not help, but certainly adds to the weight.

Nope, not everything is a pro mod..........but everything damn sure ain't a stocker either. This guy is talking about a low 8 sec 3200lb A-body goal. That's gonna be a pretty damn powerful rig right there. Whether he does it or not is on no importance, that's the goal, so you build for the goal. So in my opinion Dana and damn sure 12 bolt.......never enters the discussion.

It only does here Monte. I come to this site to shake my head.