Originally Posted By Monte_Smith
Originally Posted By MattW
Originally Posted By Monte_Smith
Not a popular thought........but a Dana is a truck rear end. I don't care if it did come in some passenger cars, it was designed for a truck. I don't want a heavy truck rear end under my race car. Plus the 9" has all the aftermarket support in the world.

The question is a nodular case or aluminum?
spool or wavetrac posi?
wavetrac limits me to 35 spline.
In your case I would buy a complete alum center from Strange. There are several options on which case and pinion support. This is not a pro-mod, so you don't need the pro-mod center.

All the Dana "fan boys" want to rail on how expensive a "good" 9" is, so they always quote the price of the MOST expensive setup for the Ford they can find and compare it to a junkyard find Dana.

OK, so lets look at some REAL world pricing. The complete center you need from Strange is about $1400. That's with a spool, standard gear and 1350 yoke. A posi or pro gear is an upgrade price. So now you need axles, brakes and a housing. Axles brakes are the same for any rear, so it boils down to what you will have in housing. You can brace a junkyard housing or buy a fancy sheetmetal and prices will vary greatly..........But how about lets just get in the Strange catalog and see what we see.

The S60 ready to bolt in your Mopar with a 35 spline spool, standard gear and Pro axles is $2100.

They also make a Mopar ready sheetmetal Ford housing with spring pads. That housing with afore mentioned 35 spline alum center, spool, standard gear and 35 spline axles is $2500...........Say what? That can't be right. $400 difference, I read on Moparts that it costs twice as much to build a Ford........LOL!!!

Now, how do I know this pray tell? That would be because I have a catalog, because I am a Strange dealer........LOL!!!

Wavetrac and shipped to 13683?