May not get much response in this thread, but I'll try it first anyway.
Break in went fine, got my linkage set up correctly on the 4 speed and put probably 100 miles on it. No problems to speak of until I went to take it to a cruise night. Heard a knock, and had a fuel leak at the pump. Fixed the leak but now I have to figure out the knock issue. It isn't really loud, sounds a little louder than an exhaust leak. Tomorrow I'll try to figure out where it's coming from. Hoping it's something simple, obviously. I had an issue with the bottom pulley bolt holes not lining up with the dampener, so going to make sure that isn't the issue as the whole pulley system looks a little "wobbly". Then I'll take off valve covers. I've read people say that moly disulfide from cam break in can sometimes cause a knock. After breakin, I changed filter and added back a quart of break in oil. So I was thinking maybe change over to my regular brad penn oil. When looking at dipstick, the oil has a very faint white-ish look to it.
Seems like I should just rip it apart- valve covers, intake, maybe oil pan if the first two things show nothing. Tough to decide with so many opinions on certain break in procedures, stories of comp cam issues, or comp cams saying you may hear the "dull sewing machine sound", etc. I don't want to drive it, thinking that's just how it should sound and then end up really messing it up. Sorry for the long post, just frustrated as it seemed to be doing just fine- even when I parked it last.