Quote:

Do NOT go DOWN in primary tube size if you want the motor to breathe the best it can You have the 1 7/8, why would you want to go down to the 1 3/4 inch tubes

I was just saying that the 1 3/4 are interchangeable, not that I WANTED the 1 3/4. I WILL be getting the 1 7/8 .
I have no problem with a "short piston". Building a motor is all new to me. I'm going to dig out the book I got my dad for xmas a few years ago by Finkbeiner (SP?). I appreciate all of the help and even the PM's I am getting from some.

Basically I gotta get the block and see how good it is and pick bore size. Then I can proceed, I just lucked into getting a set of TTI's on the cheap. I just need to swap them for ones that fit. Not trying to sound rude by any of my responses, so sorry if I am.

The only for sure thing at this point is:
A) Want a STREETABLE 400 based stroker motor
B)I want it to run mid 12's or faster

Pretty simple, right lol
The more I think about it, the more I want to go bigger. Snow ball effect in 5 ,4 ,3, 2 .....

If those TTI's are a 440 only fit in a B-body I would be swapping the 400 block for a 440 and all the short piston problems go away. Cheap new Tti's are hard to come by. 440 blocks not so much.

Kevin