Quote:

I would build the 512" stroker with the 24cc dished pistons for compression in the high 9's to very low 10's for pump fuel. The engine will have so much torque, you will want the 3.55 or 3.54:1 gears. The Strange S60 is pretty well priced. I did not like the hardware they provided for the flange to brake backing plates, but that's about it. Changing axles, you will need a shorter driveshaft.
I would just run the 8-3/4" until it needs replaced, then upgrade.
12's will be pretty easy to run if you get traction. A 750 cfm carb would be OK on the street, but for the strip, I would be looking for 950cfm and larger carb. 1-7/8" headers minimum.
Cam selection will depend more on how quick you want to be at the strip. Use a 3-bolt timing set, even if you run a hydraulic flat tappet cam, then you can use it if you change to a roller. For a mild cam, I would use something like the Comp XR286 Solid Roller with 248/254@ 0.050" duration.

Why high nines or low tens for pump gas? Aren't we getting away with 10.5-11.0 on 91? Or are you saying stay lower than that with due to more cranking PSI caused by a more "streetable cam" ?