Quote:

Quote:

What about oiling system? Would the stock stuff be good enough on a stroker? I have a brand new 402 pan I bought earlier this year. Sounds like I will need a different windage tray.
I've been looking at just getting a S60 rear from Dr. Diff with 3.54 or 3.73's. Buying an original dana and getting it up to snuff with an S60, I'm better off getting the S60 right off the bat. Just need to sell my air grabber hood to pay for that.
What clutch set up do A833 drivers use?

I want this to be very streetable so I'm thinking 470, maybe a 500. But probably not

-Devin

I would put the 70 up Hemi pan on it , you don't have any more oil passage length but having the extra oil is a good thing , you'll probably want to add the hemi skid plate though because the pan will be flush with the bottom of the K. Do the oil system mods , minus the cam bearing restriction , outlined in the tech section, Especially the enlarging of the passages from the main galley to the mains , sometimes they could be restricted by casting .

Agree you want at least some extra oil capacity and the Hemi pan is a great option. You didn't state stroke and CI which makes this a fun post.

With Stealth heads, you can set it up to make about the same power with a 3.75 stroke/451 cu in, 3.9x/470, 4.15/496 and 4.25/512. The bigger engines will have more torque and make peak power at lower RPM. The 451 and 470 usually use a piston with enough compression height so top ring supports are not required... a benefit. The 512 is really big for Stealth heads and would run out of breath at pretty low RPM (low 5000's?). The 496 with 6.76 rod uses a short light piston with top ring support. It revs like a smaller lighter engine. That said the short piston is considered a durability drawback... although my Ed head lowdeck 496 has 15k miles and no signs of distress at all.

As many have said, vendors you mentioned are good as well as others. I worked with Muscle Motors for several reasons. They mildly ported and prepped the heads, helped me pick a "custom" cam, provided other parts and advice.