Originally Posted By madscientist
Originally Posted By camastomcat
I'm surprised this thread started up again. There is no reason anyone should have to front these people money to build a block someone has to wait 16 weeks for, much less over a year. That it's worth the wait mentality is not mine. That's why I haven't ordered a block from them. I'm not going to take a chance with Indy either, and I have friends that had good luck with them, and those that didn't. The next time I need a block, if nothing else is available, it's on the the competitor where I can get one shipped tomorrow.

The problem is that KB can get away with it. That's why it happens. Ken isn't going to use HIS money to front blocks that may or may not sell in a timely fashion, so he is going to WAIT until he has the customers $$$$$$$$$$$$$$. And the customer is losing $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ because he no longer has the USE of HIS money because some other piss poor business man is holding it.

Why Chrysler guys put up with this is beyond my ability to understand. nI can tell you, with out doubt, if I was going racing again, it would be with a 5.0 bore spacing (maybe bigger) aftermarket BB engine (it's not really a chevy). I would never again be bothered by the crap dealings I have personally had with chrysler. Let alone they way chrysler has treated Roy and Allen Johnson, for decades. Why the Johunsons take it I'll never know.

It's just stupid really.

Because of all that, I'm done building Mopars. I picked up the phone, and bought a brand new all aluminum Chevy smallblock for 6 grand for my '57 Chevy project. Received it 4 days later. Peace, out!

Gone to the dark side with an LS3 powered '57 Chevy 210