Originally Posted By pittsburghracer
Originally Posted By madscientist
Originally Posted By pittsburghracer
You guys do know that Ken does not cast these blocks don't you? Maybe just maybe his hands are tied too. Not a lot of foundries around these day. I do not and never have owned an Indy block but I am thankful that they are produced. Fact is Ken's quality control has stricter guidelines than Indy does.

What difference does any of this make?

Do you think a chevy guy (or worse yet a ford guy) would pay all that money up front and WAIT?? I don't know Ken Blck. Don't want to or need to. But the issue still is: 1. Availability of aftermarket blocks. 2. Cost of said blocks. 3. Rediculous lead time of same blocks.

I don't know a chevy or ford guy who would put up with what the chrysler guys do. If you are doing anything other than screwing around, I don't know why you would do it with a chrysler. It's sad, but chrysler corporate has [censored] all over the racers for decades. I knew when I wore out my W-% stuff I was done with anything chrysler. Rather than putting a chevy into a car I loved, I sold it, and let the new guy put a chevy in it (which is the fate I saved it from when I bought the care in 1985). Were I to start racing again, it would be with a GM based something. The bodies are so ugly I'd probably have to put it in a ford, but the power would be some GM based platform.

I really could care less what you think about Mopars. Or what you drive or maybe even race. This is a Mopar website and I'm proud to say will always race Mopars. But that's just me.

Evidently, you are opposed to facts? I gave you FACTS. camastomcat gave you FACTS. I can tell you, for a FACT, that chrysler screw Roy Johnson to the wall. More than once. What I can't tell you is how I know that FACT and why he doesn't tell chrysler to jam it sideways in their craw.

You can do what you want. If I ever decide to rece seriously again (which will likely never happen as I like going to the track about as much as I like a root canal) I'm not going to waste my money/effort/time/abilities trying to make some antiquated junk go fast. If this is insulting, or hurts your feelings I can't help you.

For the record (because evidently, on this site, pittsburgracer vets all of us to see if we are MoPar enough) I have been a chrylser guy since 1979, when I bought my first car. I didn't by one because my dad was doing it, I did my own research and bought what I thought was best. I have never owned a race car that wasn't a MoPar. I don't own anything now that is not a MoPar.

Hope that clears everything up, and proves my bona fides.

Just because you think it won't make it true. Horsepower is KING. To dispute this is stupid. C. Alston