Originally Posted By Monte_Smith
Originally Posted By Dragula
Originally Posted By Monte_Smith
Originally Posted By FastmOp
Someone needs to buy Keith Black, or Indy. It would be cheeper.
There is nothing wrong with INDY. They make a good block and they are not hard to get. Some people don't like Russ, rumors get started and the haters pile on. Likely 75% of the people who proclaim "INDY sucks" have probably never even dealt with them. They just read it on the internet so it MUST be true.

I personally have NEVER had a problem with INDY, their parts, nor Russ.......so whats that mean? Not a damn thing, about the same value as what all the haters say. Pretty simple, guys want an alum Mopar block, there is one you can get quick and another takes a year. Guys don't like either of those options, they can do without.

Then I HAVE to ask you, did you ever buy anything from Russ at Indy? Cause if you did, then you would know what everyone says is TRUE!

And I do use their products, usually good parts, but I will no longer buy direct.
I have done lots of business with INDY and WELL before I worked for Holley. My first dealings was sending in a set of iron heads to be ported by Lazzeri. This was back in the early 90s, maybe late 80s and they were nothing but nice. Bought my first set of 440-1s in probably the early 90s as well. Again, no problems. Matter of fact have NEVER had a problem with Russ or INDY. Bought heads, blocks, they have repaired stuff for me, both blocks and heads, with not a single bad experience. The only BAD thing I could say was they promised to make me a custom block for my TS heads that never got done, but he called and told me they just couldn't do it, like I wanted it, but again was very nice about it........So to all I read being TRUE, I have to say, not in MY experiences with them.

Russ has taken me to eat, been to his house, showed me all his cars, showed me the whole operation and has generally just always been nice to me and again, all before I worked with Holley. We get along fine and always have. He was always at the track when Duke was racing the Dart. Guess we just hit it off or something.

Now, you call him with an attitude, I guarantee you WILL get one back.

I built an Alum Indy motor this year. I went through a dealer and had no issues. I would have bought a KB but I don't like to wait. My next build will be a Hemi.