Quote:
I am not even sure what you are trying to say here. Who is fine running HEMIs? And you said it yourself.......N/A you can't compete. Nitrous, you can't compete. About the only place you can be up front with real Mopar power is in a class where a boosted HEMI is allowed or the rules are severely restricted.

Oh and just for info........the fastest Pro-Mod cars on the planet are turbo cars with 481X power. Which is an Olds wedge head on a HEMI type bottom end

I'm saying true high end race stuff is race stuff. Aside from the fuel and alky classes, which are all boosted hemis, the hemi is right there with the 481x in promod and your outlaw radial classes, the 481x is kinda like a KB/Olds evolution, as I understand it.

For NA you have the P/S stuff, or W8 stuff if you wanna do Comp. Again, all it takes is cubic $ and none of this stuff is factory produced outta Detroit.

All a function of "rules" or else we'd be seeing big inch OHC stuff like the McGee, which got banned by the rules just as it was getting sorted out. With the increasing commonality of CNC production stuff, we may see big inch billet OHC again. The little phord mod motors make power, something with more cubic inches would probably solve a lot of the valve train issues plaguing most all the current stuff, well until they started rpm'ing like F1 motors. S/F.....Ken M