Originally Posted By pittsburghracer
You guys do know that Ken does not cast these blocks don't you? Maybe just maybe his hands are tied too. Not a lot of foundries around these day. I do not and never have owned an Indy block but I am thankful that they are produced. Fact is Ken's quality control has stricter guidelines than Indy does.

What difference does any of this make?

Do you think a chevy guy (or worse yet a ford guy) would pay all that money up front and WAIT?? I don't know Ken Blck. Don't want to or need to. But the issue still is: 1. Availability of aftermarket blocks. 2. Cost of said blocks. 3. Rediculous lead time of same blocks.

I don't know a chevy or ford guy who would put up with what the chrysler guys do. If you are doing anything other than screwing around, I don't know why you would do it with a chrysler. It's sad, but chrysler corporate has [censored] all over the racers for decades. I knew when I wore out my W-% stuff I was done with anything chrysler. Rather than putting a chevy into a car I loved, I sold it, and let the new guy put a chevy in it (which is the fate I saved it from when I bought the care in 1985). Were I to start racing again, it would be with a GM based something. The bodies are so ugly I'd probably have to put it in a ford, but the power would be some GM based platform.

Just because you think it won't make it true. Horsepower is KING. To dispute this is stupid. C. Alston