Well I didn't bring this thread back up to create a pissing match or to complain. Just to let people know what the current wait time is. For me it's no big deal. I moved last year and knew I'd be down for two years because of it so I started ordering parts so I was ready to go when the time came. I've been a Mopar guy forever and I've never built a hemi so my reward to myself for all the work involved in moving my family to a better place was a Hemi waiting for me at the end.

Mopars are interesting right now. On one hand it's a heck of a lot easier and cheaper to make power right now than it was 20 years ago. I'm talking about 9-10 second cars. I put a set of performers on a worn out 440 short block with a mechanical cam and went 10's first time out. No more screwing with crack prone 906's. On the other hand to go really fast Mopar has been left behind.

For me it's harder to keep racing all mopar because the bodies have gotten so expensive. Everyone want a small fortune for a pile of rust Dart or Coronet. It's forced me to use a Buick body with a Mopar engine because I can buy a 68-72 Skylark/GS for 1/4 of the cost of a Mopar body and all the suspension parts are day away at Summit since it's the same chassis as a Chevelle.

1967 Coronet, 1989 Daytona tube chassis. Former cars, 66 Charger, 67 R/T, 69 Coronet, 67 Dart GT. -Banned for life from V8Buick.com-