So it's not that the parts aren't available. It's Mopar guys don't want to spend the money. Like I said before some mopar guys beat to a different drummer. GM has been doing that same thing for a long time. You can buy a Chevy, GMC, Or Cadillac with a a similar model for different price. It's marketing! This is with the same manufacture. Compare watches by different manufactures like Timex, Fossil, Tag and Rolex and see what you get. You can get them with all the same features and reliability at a very different cost.
Originally Posted By cudaman1969
Here's another angle, friend has a Corvette 4.70 car, bought a 632 big chief dynoed 1400 hp for $9500. Had his pick of high hp top of the line power cheap. Now the Mopar guys beat the stuff into the ground, window the blocks and STILL want big money for this junk. Try to find any patched Hemi block or heads for under $2000, 50 year old parts. Big parts seller at Carlisle said he didn't bring any Hemi parts this year because they didn't sell well last year. I told him if he brought the prices down to earth he would sell all he had, just looked at me funny. Same mentality with these aftermarket blocks, won't buy because too high but want a fortune for there junk. Bow tie guys at least have good trickle down parts supply.

Doug

MOPAR or NO CAR!!!
1965 Dodge Coronet soon a 6.1 Hemi with a Magnson blower 810 hp on pump gas
1964 Dodge Polara 582" Indy alum Block 426-1RA heads,
1933 Plymouth PE all Steel, LT1 4L60E
1959 Plymouth Savoy 33,000 mile survivor
Old cars are never done. They are ongoing projects!