Originally Posted By sasquatch
OK
Mayby a little sunshine is what you guys need. Mopar is going to have blocks soon. The hemis will be first, and the prototypes have been cast and machined. Gary Stanton (Mopars crate hemi program) and Ray Barton both got some of the first ones for testing and evaluation. They are being cast at a Foundry in Wisconsin and machined at Arrow racing. This info has come straight from the top of Mopar Performance and Ray himself. I do not know when that evaluation process will be complete but it is underway.
For those of us who have watched the block saga from the start, this is standard fare. As the corporate structure and personal change the programs change. Lawyers, accountants, bankers, and politicians are calling the shots. Projects of this size MUST make money, first and foremost. Resources and Talent must be expended carefully if one is to keep their job. Fiat takeover, Daimler, the govt, the bankruptcys have all conspired to keep the culture at mopar in constant chaos.
As someone who sells parts for and builds engines for all types of racing Mopar based engines, I hear all the time that mopars cannot compete. I have tried most of my adult life to disprove that statement. Sometimes when you have to bring a knife to a gunfight, you have to work hard and find things to help you out. So how fast is fast? With the exception of Pro mod and some of the real fast door cars, mopars work just fine. Above that it is all custom aftermarket anyway so who gives a rats patootie what name is on the valve cover.
Todd

Best Pro Mod combos are blown Hemi...I've heard of two Chevy powered set-ups talking changing combo to blown Hemi because they are tired of being on the wrong side of the bump. There are more Hemi's in Pro Mod than Chevys at least at the big races, not the local stuff. Looks like some more in the future.. Go to draglist.com Look at quickest pro mods of all time, #1-5 of the cars are all Hemi power even though they are Chevy/Ford bodied. Please tell me you guys haven't fallen for that one. Have we forgotten that the fastest Chevy, Ford or whatever...is Hemi powered....on a Mopar site to boot. And I'm not talking fuel cars.