Originally Posted By TRENDZ
Yeah, you can get an A8 block in several deck hts. It's a lightweight block designed for sprint car racing. It is a real race block. Meaning, you need to use real race parts with it. Not something most guys are willing to do. Same with the R5. Great block, can buy one today, but you need to use real race parts on it.
Two examples of small blocks, cast with mopar logos (so important) available now.
Indy and KB make big blocks in both deck hts. Waiting has always been an issue with KB. I'm suprized someone hasn't ordered 50 of them with minimal finish machining and stocked them as "for sale now" at a mark up for those that cant wait. I know the kb stuff always has rave reviews. The Indy stuff is hard to figure out. They have the blocks but wont sell them? Can't you buy them from someone in their dealer network? Just seems very strange to me.

The sad fact is that "mopar guys are cheap" is largely true. Which is fine, it's a free country, just don't expect anyone to try and run a business trying to sell to skin flint misers. Businesses, especially in times of hardship, target the rich, the people who have money. S/F.....Ken M