Originally Posted By Sammy
I called Indy the other day and Russ Flagle got on the phone. Boy was that an eye opener.
I asked him about their Indy blocks and availability and options that they do for their customer. He asked me if Indy was going to do the build for me.
I said no, just want to buy the block and a few of their inhouse modifications and told Russ I will assemble it myself. He hung up on me.
There has GOT to be more to this story. Russ is not the most personable guy out there, we all know that. But they have never treated me anything less than good and I have never had any more issues with an INDY block than any other brand of block. Plus they sell lots of blocks............so there is more to this story.

Many lament the lack of blocks and that's true for an iron block. But you can order an INDY alum block and have it in a few weeks. You don't want to deal with INDY, fine, buy it through a dealer instead, but don't say you can't get one, because you can. As far as work needed. I usually spend about the same prep time on an INDY as I have to on an aftermarket Donovan block, so I don't understand all the fuss myself. You want a PERFECT block, ready to drop parts in when you uncrate it.........sorry, I don't really know where you get those for ANY brand. I just spent about two days prepping a 12k billet block for a Chevy build. You would think at 12k, that block would be ready to throw parts in, but it's far from it........so not sure what guys expect from a 5k INDY block