Originally Posted By pittsburghracer
Like I said I could care less what you do. My Dad never raced but I've loved the sport for 40 plus years with all my race cars being Mopars. That's kinda why I hang out on a Mopar website. Have fun sitting on the side line bad mouthing mopars

I always do.

The problem is you are hypersensitive. You must be allergic to FACTS.

camastomcat has been fairly forthcoming on his predator builds. He has given actual FACTS and approximate costs. Clearly, CTC would have been time/money/frustration ahead if he would have used a 5.0 BS based engine to start with. CTC is RACING in an enviroment where he has to QUALIFY. I think he would admit (and I think he has done so here on moparts) he would have been better off doing something other than a chrysler based engine. Again, FACT. The FACT that this thread even exists is PROOF of the FACT that it is almost impossible to compete at any top level in drag racing using a chrysler based engine. FACT. Guess I should have included the NA part because some slug will come along and point out the hair dryers and blower guys compete. I'm talking NA here.

Like I said, I will never understand the Johnson family loyalty to the chrysler brand. I know in 1999 he couldn't give me a reason for it, after several hard ball screwings by Ma MoPAr. Maybe today, he feels differently. If I get the chance to talk to him again (since I don't go to the races much anymore I won't see him at the track) maybe I'll ask him.

So, I don't have any loyalty to the current MoPar regime. Never really cared for the Iacocca days either. And the fatherland owners didn't impress me either. Oh, that Walter P. was still around! But I wax nostalgic. We must move ahead.

We will still be waiting on outdated blocks, with a puny supply, at an outrageous cost. You can ask Yogi Berra for an anecdote that applies here.

Have fun at the races.

And don't take yourself so seriously. No one else does.

Just because you think it won't make it true. Horsepower is KING. To dispute this is stupid. C. Alston