Quote:

YES, and please do not post it again, The cover had a Jan 10th date and not before.

The magazine is tring to recover from the early release and asked that it be removed until then.

But nothing wrong with posting the other spy pictures

Judging by this quote of an apparent reaction from a DCX PR Rep, I guess DCX is not too upset by the spy photos... Assuming this quote is legit, sounds like a plan coming together... Bottom line folks, DCX is listening for reaction already and needs to be deluged with positive responses if you want this Retro musclecar... Write now, write often!

XS

Reported quote from DCX found on LXForums (not sure it is legit):
Quote:

December 6, 2005

Drool Days

Posted Dec 6, 2005, 2:38 PM by Editor
Category: Dodge

We haven’t seen such excitement over a car since the Chrysler 300 knocked the competition on its collective rear quarter panels. Still a month before we take the wraps off the Dodge Challenger concept vehicle at the North American International Auto Show in Detroit, there’s no holding back the groundswell demanding we build a production version of the sucker. And that’s just after a sketch we released and some muddy spy photos that have filtered out! Imagine the roar once the real thing makes its debut.
As proof of the clamor for the Challenger, Ken Juran, online automotive editor at Popular Mechanics, called our attention to the passion expressed by the magazine’s online readers.
Here’s a sampling:

*That is the hottest thing that came from Detroit since the muscle car era ended in the early 1970s...please build it, I am so sick of Mustangs being the only pony cars now.
*Dodge needs to come out with one of these with the 6.1 Hemi so we can go mop up those lousy Fords. Final word: Love it and please build it.
*Market the Challenger as a 2- door sporty car just like the Mustang. DC has more than enough four- door cars for people with families.
*Love this car!!! I just hope that the production apple doesn't fall far from the concept tree.
*It's time to give us what we want. This is what we want DODGE!!!!
*Finally!!! The car I have been waiting for my whole life....
*Dodge should do one thing that Ford refuses to do - make the back seat accommodate 3 people.
*MUY BUENA, EXCELENTE !!!!
*Guys check out www.allpar.com for the spy photos...oh my god...i need to change pants
*Sex on wheels
*This is where the HEMI belongs!! I WANT ONE BAAAAAAAAAAD!