They were as "bone stock" as the other cars in the top ten, at a fraction of the cost.

I AM FLYING THE BS FLAG . How much time and money was invested is disclosed where.

The 300C was driven by two Chrysler engineers representing the SRT division. It had the Charger SRT8 suspension, a blueprinted engine, fat tires and catless exhaust. The SRT-4 was driven by Lake Effect Racing, with all upgrades out of the Mopar catalog. The Evo was built and driven by an Evo tuner shop.

Once again the BS flag flys. My point was simply if a large 4 door car like the CHARGER was cut down to a 2 door(Challenger) using all same components/ platform and DESIGNED AS A 2 DOOR the 2 door WILL perform BETTER. Of course the extra weight lengthand doors must be left off also.

Quote:

Its not how much power you have its how little mass you must move or turn.

Actually, its the power to weight ratio, traction, the engineering of the chassis and how much you can afford. If you start with a mass produced, high volume vehicle like a Neon, 300, Imprezza, or Lancer you pass those savings to the customer. 4 door sedans also tend to have a stiffer chassis from the centrally located post.

Some of youre statement is true .However you are still missing my point. If you use the same platform ,power train,HORSE POWER,suspension,and last but not least TIRES,The lighter vehichle built to the same specific structural standards WILL handle better.
I am pretty much through with any more discusions. You may claim youreselves as victors. I see the CHALLENGER IS BECOMING A REALITY. Buy your Charger an 07 and I will purchase a equally prepped 07 Challenger we will race and find out who is correct. Road course or drag race.That is the best way to solve this enigma.