Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

With an anticipated production of 5,000 to 10,000 units it will likely be sometime before the buyer of modest means is able to get his hands on one.

and why is that?????????????

In a nutshell, supply and demand.

Please find me an example of a car that this applies to. Dealer markups don't count.

Dealer markups should count quite alot, since they can and do keep people from being able to afford a new car.

They don't count because the factory doesnt have any control over it. Any shady dealer can ask for 10k over sticker on any car, but that's dealer profit, not DCX profit. For example, if I'm making widgets and sell them to ABC store for $5 a piece and suggest they sell them for $7 a piece, but they decide to sell them, for $12, i really dont care because I've already made my money. I can't go back and demand more money for product I already sold to a "dealer". The cost of the car has more alot ore to do with the manufacturer than the dealer. If someone is silly enough to pay MORE than sticker price than they deserve to get screwed.
And yes, dealer mark ups can and will keep people from buying a car, but if nobody is buying at the price they marked it up to, the price comes back down to sticker. Obviously dealer mark ups dont happen very much, and when they do, it's onl for a short time.

Last edited by kmfdm; 11/24/05 01:06 PM.

74 Dart Sport