Quote:

In regards to price remember that there is not a reason for the car to be priced anymore than any of the current LX platform cars. Demand? Sure that's a good reason but remember that DCX has sold about twice the amount of 300s as originally expected and the price has not changed.
Also, unlike the Viper (which is mostly hand built and shares a platform with nothing) the Challenger wont cost anymore to build than a Charger.

I was thinking that they could make more per car. The 300 is a bread and butter car, so you wouldnt want to price it too high. In this case, it is a small addition to the LX line, so if they only made a few and priced them slightly higher, telling people it is a limited production, people will pay a little more for the car. If the orders really start piling in, they could ramp up production like they did with the PT Cruiser. Later on they could give rebates when demand slowed down. If they dont get a lot of orders, they only planned on making a few anyway.

Remember when people were paying WAY over sticker on other cars when they were first introduced because they HAD to have one or they HAD to be the first one in the area to have one? I was thinking that they were playing on that scenario a little bit.

I hope that explains my goofy train of thought...

The Bird Some are wise, and some are otherwise... Say what you want, but in the end, it is what it is...