Quote:

in order for this particular car to be successful (remember, compete with Mustang) it must have a V6 option..
Second, remember when the 70-71's and some 72 had the Slant Six as a Base? yes, everyones beloved 70-71..atleast i can tell people my 74 challenger had a V8 standard..

but really, the stangs come in a V6 and V8, and this is to fight Mustang in sales and time slips.

Some of you are being silly with the non-6 cylinder, Manual 6 speed only way of thinking. Car has to be made for everyone like the Mustang and Camaros were/will be.

Think, for the car to last, some people that are low on cash, or they are girls that want one but don't need the 8, like the car but can't afford it or don't want a V8..so they buy a v6 stang, one less Sale for the Dodge, x so many other similar cases...and the car won't last long.
thats my

I don't see it.

The Mustang has tons of cross-over with women who have always like Mustangs and are just fine w/a lowly V6.

The Challenger is a MANLY car and will NOT generate sales nowhere NEAR that of a Moostang b/c it will have hardly much appeal to women.

The Challenger needs to go head to head with the GTO, not the Mustang. GTO comes standard with the LS2 V8. Sure the GTO doesn't garner much sales, but that's b/c it's surrounded in a Cavalier body.

Hence, even though MY car came w/a 318, that was 1970 folks. Different times, different market where anything two-door will sell.

Two-doors are pretty tough to sell these days so you need a different strategy.