Quote:

So how to you guys feels about the leafsprings vs 3/4-link for handling? I was in a friends 71 Monte Carlo (stock sus) and that thing outhandled my 74 roadrunner (stock sus) something fierce!

My '70 W30 was the best handling GM A body I have ever driven and truthfully, it was pretty good. I'd give it points for steering feel with it's quick ratio box and the rear swaybar helped things in the handling department, I ran it with radials (Goodyear Eagle ST's) and decent gas shocks.

I think my Superbee suspension is better, simpler and stiffer. Car handles as well or better IMO, though the steering feel isn't as good. I could have gone with a Firm Feel box or something similar, but I wanted the car to feel like it did back in the day.

Leaf sprung GM's like Novas and Camaro's used springs that were WAY to light IMO and wheel hop was a huge problem....I guess that's why slapper/traction bars became such a hot item.

Another example; the 'Bee came with 15" wheels and the W30 had 14's. I don't recall the brake sizes but if memory serves, there was a significant difference there too.

Dave

Last edited by DPelletier; 05/11/12 12:03 PM.

1970 Super Bee 440 Six Pack 1974 'Cuda 2008 Ram 3500 Diesel 2006 Ram 3500 Diesel 2004.5 Ram 2500 Diesel 2003 Ram 3500 Diesel 2006 Durango Limited [url] http://1970superbee.piczo.com [/url]