Quote:

I have driven several cars with the Alter-K and the Mr. Norms design plus a few other of the designs, and all were based off the Alter-K except the Magnum Force. I have been over 150 MPH and through the twisties a few times at speed and my opinion is the Alter-K is the best. Yes there is some bump steer with some of the designs, but the Alter-K seems to have the least IMHO. The main difference between stock k-frames and Alter-K types are the removal of the torsion bars and addition of coil overs, less weight, better brakes, plus rack and pinion steering. I do agree that the unibody was not designed for the loads on the shock towers that the coil overs have and to be honest tying the frames and gusseting the shock towers should be done if the car is to be street driven alot. Son't forget the infinite adjustability of the new suspensions to your taste, while the stock suspensions are very limited.

I thought the alterKtion Kframe/crossmember has integral shock towers on it, much like the F/M/J's do, and don't really load the OEM shock tower.....

it's biggest advantage is the R&P steering (which should save weight and improve feedback over an OEM power steering system), and ability to quickly and easily adjust spring rates with the coil overs, as well as an assortment of affordable brake options, using a mustang II type spindle.

While Rick is a pretty bright guy, I take some of what he says with a grain of salt. I'd call some of the "testing" methods he's shared here dubious at best...

1976 Spinnaker White Plymouth Duster, /6 A833OD
1986 Silver/Twilight Blue Chrysler 5th Ave HotRod **SOLD!***
2011 Toxic Orange Dodge Charger R/T
2017 Grand Cherokee Overland
2014 Jeep Cherokee Latitude (holy crap, my daughter is driving)