Quote:

Quote:

The original Mopar suspension design is very good. So good, that 50 years later it still works just fine at 150 mph on any road race course. <snip!>

For a 200 mph car you would need to make some fairly significant changes.

Hmmm. I spoke to Lee Sicilio, who went 237 MPH (2-way average) with his original '69 Daytona about 10 years ago. I asked him what he did to the suspension. He said "all stock". I said, "You mean you kept stock geometry, just added bigger bars, shocks, bushings, yada...?". He said "No, stock". I said: "So, you just freshened it all up?" He made me feel stupid, reiterating: "It is all stock. original. Untouched. I'm the original owner".

I have the original SAE papers on these suspension designs. Geometry-wise, and in on-road performance, They were, literally, light-years ahead of the competition. Only in cost and NVH did they fall short.

Rick

Maybe i'm not even the only one here, but i've always loved that about Mopars... the NVH factor. In fact, over all the other issues i started with playing with cars (most ov my first 10 cars were GM A-bodies), that made me hate GM... it was my very first ride in a 73 Rallye Challenger that nailed the GM coffin door shut for me... That thing just felt like a race car to me. Even after doing all the big suspension upgrades to my 70 Skylark, the full GS/SS/GTO type package... it still felt like a baby buggy to me.

Long live Mopar's NVH "problem"!!! Hahaha