Quote:

OK, a big block mopar engine is 1958 tech, and the SBM is an update of 1956 tech. We're all living in the past.

I think we can all agree that the disadvantages of the Mopar longitudinal torsion bar setup include (1) less room for a high performance exhaust, (2) not enough adjustability in factory stock form to take full advantage of modern tire technology, and (3) not easy to adapt rack and pinion steering. Don't think the basic geometry can be faulted, though. And there are some advantages to torsion bars vs. coils or whatever, and modern upgrades can make it all work very well.

Which doesn't have too much to do with whether or not the Alterkation setup is really suited for or safe for a true street-driven vehicle - a matter which I don't pretend to be competent to judge. Interesting discussion, though.

Good post. I have nothing to say about the Alterkation stuff either except to say that I doubt most purchasers need it for their intended useage.

....just because a design is old doesn't necessarily mean it doesn't work well.

Dave

1970 Super Bee 440 Six Pack 1974 'Cuda 2008 Ram 3500 Diesel 2006 Ram 3500 Diesel 2004.5 Ram 2500 Diesel 2003 Ram 3500 Diesel 2006 Durango Limited [url] http://1970superbee.piczo.com [/url]