Quote:

But why change something for the sake of change? Sure, Chevy guys need to change everything -- look what they are starting with: Perimeter frames, 2-speed automatics, C-clip axles that fail regularly, etc. Mopar guys are just starting from a higher "place" -- less needs to be changed!

Rick

...and for those of us pulling less than 1G on cruise night and keeping it under 150mph on the way to dinner, most of it doesn't need to be changed at all!

Unlike Rick, I haven't been into Mopars for 50 years; I was a died-in-the-wool GM guy having owned Chevelles, Impala's, several Cutlass and 442's, Z/28's, etc. etc....and I'm still not a "Mopar or No Car" guy; I appreciate ALL Musclecars. HOWEVER, the more I tore into my Superbee, the more impressed I was with the engineering involved. Ultimately I've come to the conclusion that (especially from a mechanical and functional design standpoint) that my 'Bee is a better designed car than my GM A bodies were.

The unibody is lighter and stiffer, the suspension is superior, the brakes are better, the tranny and rear end are stronger and the base motors are more powerful. GM did well (comparatively) on fit and finish and aesthetic items but it feels a bit like a really nice dress on a plain looking woman to me.

I don't hate GM stuff; I'd still love to get a '71-'72 Trans Am and I'd really like my old '70 W30 back but I still believe the above observations to be true.

Dave

1970 Super Bee 440 Six Pack 1974 'Cuda 2008 Ram 3500 Diesel 2006 Ram 3500 Diesel 2004.5 Ram 2500 Diesel 2003 Ram 3500 Diesel 2006 Durango Limited [url] http://1970superbee.piczo.com [/url]