Quote:

No need to beef up the shock towers with the AlterK. The upper shock/spring bracket is part of the AlterK. You don't use the original shock tower, as I understand it.

I understand that the coil over design is supported by the redesigned K member. In factory form, the "spring" action and resistance is divided between the frame rails and the torsion bar crossmember. With the RMS, now everything centers around the 4 bolts retaining the K member.

Crappy in stock form? Sure, you are entitled to your opinion, but people that I respect disagree with you. Name any suspension from the other American automakers that had a better design? I'll agree that the idler arm is a weak point. It flexes more than it should, but the traditional torsion bar design allowed for the forces (AND weight) of the suspension to be spread out. As much as it is a pisser for header clearance, REAR steer is better for weight balance since the weight of the components are closer to the center of the car. Look at any GM suspension of the 60s or 70s. BIG lower A arms, fatter sway bars with longer levers, front steer with longer steering columns.... ALL of that conspires to move weight away from center. Fords? You want to hear about header interference? How about shock towers the size of the world trade center TWIN towers! That design puts a coil spring ABOVE the upper control arm !!??? GREAT ! lets put the weight up HIGHER in the car!