Quote:

But budget is a budget and I dont want to build a track only car this is the one and only hot rod in the garage so it has to cruise, eventually look good, not handle like a pig and get some 1/4 mile and a track day here and there.

Ill be getting the plates to stiffen up the LCA's add a front bar like the H 1 1/4 bar. Not sure if anything more then a 1.00" T bar will be too stiff for the street or not so that will require some research.

1.00" will not be too stiff on an E-body with a big block. I run .99 195 lb/in rate bars in an small block A-body. For me, I probably should have went stiffer but I have put a good 40,000 miles on those T-bars. It was my only driving car for 10 years.

E/B body rates are lower per given diameter and a 1.00" bar in them is 175 lb/in. IMHO, for you I'd choose between 1.00" and 1.06".

Quote:

I have a Dana 60 in the rear will that rear sway bar clear the center of the Dana 60 or no?

The Hotchkis and Hellwig bars run under the center section. They could be an issue with a Dana. Firm Feel rear bars are a copy of stock E-body rear bars. So do stock E-body rear sway bars work with a Dana? I know I've heard people trying it. Can't remember the outcome.

Quote:

Brakes are stocker discs in front and drums out back. With a big block this will be 3800 to 3900 all day long. So Ill need some better than stock brakes to make it all work well. Maybe a set of Cobra discs front and rear?

You could run the Dr Diff setup that allows you to use 70-72 disk spindle with the 12.75 diameter facotry rotors (~$50 ea) that are 1" larger diameter. Then you would have to locate some large diameter caliper adapters (~$75/pr).

If you only want to go out in the track here and there the 12" rotors should be fine to start out with on budget. $20 at the hardware store for ducting and zip ties will do wonders for your brakes at the track.

All that stuff doesn't do much without grip. And grip is tires. Look for 245 wide minimum up front. 17x9" with 275/40/17 will work with 5.25 backspacing up front. A 275/40 isn't a really short sidewall. If you run 18" rims you'll have to run a narrower sidewall so you can fit in the wheelwell. And the tire and rim will weigh more than a 17" setup.