Quote:

Lol, you guys are funny. Haven't laughed this hard for a while.

I'm just telling the truth. You guys don't want to accept that, fine. It isn't my problem. My car drives fine and handles well. And I know it isn't going to fall apart.

Quote:

yup, techinically, XV should be using the same disclaimer (off road use only), otherwise they could be opening themselves up to potential lawsuits. a lot of performance parts state "off road use only" due to emissions compliance, too.

XV has gone through and tested their mopars to ensure that their products are streetable. I've seen the tests and the information to back it up. What disclaimer would they need since theirs is streetable? It is out of my price range, but that isn't their fault.

yes, they did do all manner of performance tuning, FEA analysis, etc, but legally speaking, I believe a product must be DOT certified to be technically street legal, and on engine components, they must be compliant to the model year's EPA emission limits to be street legal (and CARB approved to be street legal in california). from the information posted by the XV guys, while they have done a lot of analysis and tuning, they have probably not done a full, comprehensive durability test of their setup, not like the OEM's do (100,000, 200,000, half a million cycles, thousands of on road miles with engineering bucks, etc). not knocking them, but that's the reality--there's no way a relatively small manufacturer of a fairly sophisticated product (like RMS or XV) could afford to do the level of testing that a typical OEM does.

Bill's "Off road use only" disclaimer is probably a legal CYA in case somebody wraps their car around a tree at 150mph and comes back to sue him, the suspension producer.

One thing that makes me wonder a bit about the XV system is the use of corvette LCA's and spindles. good pieces, yes, but they're designed for a 3250 lb car with 50/50 weight distribution. if you've got yourself a iron headed hemi B body, you may be tipping the scales at near 4000 lbs with more like 65/35 F/R weight distribution. that's loading those front suspension pieces 60-70% more than their original design target. While those pieces probably have enough safety factor built into them (or necessitated by stiffness requirements) for the OEM application that they will still be fine in a occasional use car like a classic mopar probably will be, but don't expect them to have the same life expectancy (essentially infinite life) as you would in the stock application.

1976 Spinnaker White Plymouth Duster, /6 A833OD
1986 Silver/Twilight Blue Chrysler 5th Ave HotRod **SOLD!***
2011 Toxic Orange Dodge Charger R/T
2017 Grand Cherokee Overland
2014 Jeep Cherokee Latitude (holy crap, my daughter is driving)