Quote:

You know, it is pretty sad condition of the state of the mopar hobby when the best engineered suspension provider for mopars doesn't feel like posting about their products here any more. Heck, for that matter, I don't see Bill Reilly here much either.

Tony, I will post about Level I and the other products we've done and contine to do, but I gave up over a year ago on our Level II with regard to posting about it on here.

We sell them all the time for high end builds and to guys that want their cars to really drive like modern high performance cars do.

You clearly have alot of experience with the factory suspension and making it work, and I respect that alot because you've done it. But in contrast to someone like you, I have a real issue being told all kinds of nonsense by people who don't even know what they don't know and who've never even looked into making cars handle.

The comparison between what we've done and what we've put together vs. what else is out there is comical. Is there a cost difference - yeah definitely, but we're not using the same stuff in virtually EVERY component, and real engineering and testing isn't free. Do you know what a huge step backwards it would be for us to downgrade the shocks to what others are using? We could knock a ton of money out of our costs that way, same on the brakes, aluminum components, racks, trailing arms, hubs, etc.

Yes our Level II costs more, but no way, no how are the other setups the same or even close. We'll keep doing exactly what we've been doing - running our stuff hard on real tracks and getting Car and Driver, Autoweek and others to decide whether it does what it's supposed to, and that's not about how it handles in a straight line.

From my perspective it's not about comparing that setup to what else is available for these platforms, it's about comparing it to modern, vettes, vipers, porsches, BMW's, Ferrari's., etc. We haven't even come close to using everything in our bag of tricks on that count.

Sorry, but I have been attacked here alot over that product and largely by people who don't even know what they don't know, or are already customers of other platforms.

Our product line is expanding faster than anyone's in this space, and will continue to do so. There are many market segments we are introducing product into. Not every product fits every market segment. Our Level II is an example of that, and we knew it full well day one.

So Tony, I don't post about it here anymore because I've been attacked here so many times about it and I also know that the most vocal are more than a little tight with the other guys...

No one else is offering really high end stuff into the Mopar market. Our Level II setup clearly tops that list. However, if you notice we're doing more and more stuff at all price points, not just over the top stuff. The most common theme on evrything we do is quality and really working.

We'll be announcing another small suspension product that will fit anyone's budget and will be beneficial to anyone interested in setting their cars up to handle better. As far as I am aware, no one's ever offered this either. It's something cool, simple, cheap and it works.

Quote:

FWIW, I regularly see posts here asking "how can I modernize my mopars handling" with people thinking the only way to get there is with coil overs and rack and pinion, while in most cases the application of said hardware is usually never more than some fun driving to shows or drag strips. Some food for thought regarding torsion bars; after 30 years, Chevy, Ford, even Toyota, have adopted torsion bar suspension to their most popular light truck lines for a variety of reasons, not the least of which is performance. Something else to consider, 30 year old trans am series race cars can still lap a track faster than many modern "G machines" using recirculating ball steering boxes, torsion bars, leaf springs and 15" tires. You don't always need the latest wiz-bang products to improve road holding capabilities and Steve's formula, as well as the XV level 1 kit, can provide performance capabilities beyond the driving abilities of a vast majority of drivers.

You are correct and that is why we also did a Level I suspension. It works very well and has the same level of engineering and testing in it as our Level II (four post eval, four post dial in of shock valving and bar/spring rates, track testing, street testing. Grab the DVD from Dream Car Garage, it's all there.