Quote:

I'll considering it for my car as you can do just soo much with leaf springs and swaybar.

What are you trying to "do"?

A leaf spring rear is plenty capable. We run a circle track class that has very strict rules, identical crate motors, and very similar chassis. Last year they allowed linked rear suspensions. Leaf spring cars have still won races and are very competitive. A leaf spring car won the most races this year, but didn't win the championship. I'd say that pretty close. We actually run linked and leaf car out of the same race team.

The advantage we see with the linked is it's easier to make fine high level adjustments. But driving the linked car is not as forgiving as the leaf car at the edge of out of control. The linked is more precise, over time and development it will overcome the leaf cars.

Point is, the leaf are pretty close. You'd have to be racing or on a track to see the difference in stop watch. They are easier to tune in regards to spring rate changes, ride height changes, pinion angle, rear steer, wheelbase, anti squat, roll center.

Question is?: do you have the tools, experience, or need to make those modifications after you've got your car together? Changing the coil spring rate and ride height would be what most people are capable of.

If you've got a build with a whole fabricated front clip/k-member, I can see the links. There's got to be a whole lot done to the rest of the suspension systems to be at the level of seeing the advantage of a rear link. Tire, frame stiffening, front suspension, shocks... I think that is way XV sells it as a companion to their stage II setup.

Also if you are building a slammed car with air bags, the links are needed.

Last edited by autoxcuda; 10/23/09 12:36 PM.