I never post about our Level II system here anymore. However, when I see it being lumped in with everything else, I feel a need to clarify that there are some significant differences. Again, it’s definitely not priced for everyone, but for big budget builds, where handling and/or road racing are the objective, there’s really no comparison.

I won't go into all the details, but I'm not aware of any of the other systems actually been on real road race courses - ours were tested day one on track. Just look at the car and driver video we recently posted, pics of our open track event last month, video from Mosport or get our DVD from when we were on Dream Car Garage, which shows how all our stuff was developed and tested and the tools we used – and has lots of track time. If you're a car guy and into hard core tech, you'll dig the DVD alot.

We've done and continue to do alot on track - road race track. Most of the people involved from the outset, come largely from road race backgrounds.

Major differences we have are:
- Our systems were developed for handling/road race from the outset
- Our system was developed as a complete dialed in package front and rear together from the outset
- All our stuff was track tested on road course and on street for handling and ride quality
- Most of our components are aluminum, front and rear
- Our aluminum K is mandrel bent
- We used a four post rig to dial in shock valving and spring rates (front and rear). Four post was so precise we could see differences in tire pressure. Same tool used by F1, IRL, NASCAR and OE special projects.
- Sway bars were sized for the application and optimized as well
- Geometry was optimized front and rear using OE level software (not mine but I was told it was over $1 million for the software), that can run simulated laps using multiple suspension geometries to optimize it – yes that was done before any prototype parts were made.
- Our racks are modern variable rate quick ratio, NOT Mustang II. You can find out why on your own.
- We developed chassis stiffening system to address relocating vehicle loads from factory locations. Chassis stiffening was developed using actual torsion tests.
- Our kits have adjustable bump steer, so can dial out all bump steer.
- Shocks are custom valved high pressure monotube, race quality pieces. Valving based upon actual testing and we have different shock valving for B and E body. We don’t use twin tube shocks.
- Our brakes were designed for the cars - not off the shelf pieces. Computer models were run to size the brake package to the vehicle for balanced braking under load. Pistons are sized in the calipers for our applications. The BMW that just won the series in Grand Am was using the same brakes as ours. Many road racers run these.
- Our rear suspension is a 3-link and adjustable w/ panhard bar. This is widely accepted as a very effective road race configuration that minimizes (or eliminates) any bind.

Our system cost is a bit more than the rest, but it was fully engineered by professionals that do work for the OE's and professional race teams in ALMS, F1, IRL, Grand Am, NASCAR, etc. They’ve even run cars at the 24 hours of LeMans. There is a reason ours is priced a bit higher.

I may be mistaken, but I believe ours was the only one originally designed for road racing / handling, as opposed to starting out as a drag race setup.

If you have the opportunity to see our setup in person, you can readily see differences in how it's been put together. We've had OE suspension engineers from Toyota, Ford, Honda and others comment how well our suspension was designed.

Autoweek just reviewed us after driving one of our cars:
"Ride and handling are transformed into those of a modern GT car, with precise steering, powerful braking, confident cornering and a firm yet compliant ride. Power delivery is instantaneous, with a basso exhaust snarl. Chrysler would do well to make this car the new '08 Dodge Challenger's benchmark."

Car and Driver: "the restomod handled fantastically"

Two weeks ago I was in a high speed cruise being followed by a Lamborghini Murcielago for quite a ways. At lunch afterwards the driver and his wife asked me what was under the car because he thought his car was either not working or he didn’t know how to drive. He told me he thought he would blow right past me when I wouldn’t be able to apex the large sweeper we were both running on. He couldn’t believe I was able to hold the same line he was.

The reality is that what we’ve done is beyond anything in the aftermarket – never mind Mopar specific, which was wildly behind other platforms on aftermarket suspension support.

I will not pick apart other people’s products, but I will tell you why ours is different. There are many details that are easily identified (if you are in the know) that jump out, and are the reasons they were never a viable or serious consideration for the level and type of cars we set out to build.

There’s a place for all these systems, but there are significant differences between what we’ve done and everything else. We’re also the only one’s flogging our stuff on track (road race). Not auto-cross, road race course. We’ll be doing another track event / driving school in the spring, see for yourself, get a ride in one of our cars.

Call our Level II Suspension expensive – it is! But there are some real reasons for the price of that setup and no one has the kind of engineering, testing or quality of components/materials in their product that we do. I won’t say the other stuff is good, bad or otherwise, but it’s definitely not using the quality of components we are, nor is it engineered or built in the same way.

Our Level II clearly isn’t for every budget, nor was it ever intended to be. Honestly, the only thing we really have in common with the other setups is they all replace the K’s.

If you are in the know with regard to modern (road race or performance) suspension technology and design, the differences are screaming at you just by looking at the different products, and the differences aren’t minor. Our setup is more akin to a full on road race setup, detuned for street use. Not a chance the others are.

With regard to our Level II, we never intended it to be, nor will it ever be the low cost solution. For whatever it’s worth I can say without any hesitation that we’ve done more engineering, more testing, used the best professional engineers (and tools) out there and have the highest quality, most modern components in our system. I also know our products were designed from the outset for handling and road race duty; before it suddenly became in style…