Quote:

John, reading your reply to the question of offering products for A-bodies tells me that you really don't understand this segment of the Mopar hobby. For the most part, A-body guys don't care about tilt columns and power windows, we care about performance. Basing your decision to make hardcore suspension parts for A-body mopars on how many tilt columns you sell is just silly.

Take a look at the Race Only section of the forums and you will see that the majority of cars being used for drag racing are A-bodies. The same goes for road racing. Most of the "handling" cars I've seen on the forums and in the mags have been Darts, Valiants, and A-body Cudas. They were the lightest cars that Mopar made and therefore lend themselves well to being raced out. Something else you're probably not thinking about is how many more A-bodies were produced and how much less rare they are than the B and E bodies. Because they are not as scarce and cost less money to obtain, people are much more willing to cut them up and turn them into race cars. By ignoring the A-body crowd you are missing out on the single biggest segment of the mopar market. I don't think you would have any problem selling 10 kits if you manufactured them, in fact, I think you would have trouble keeping them in stock. Especially if you got the prices down a little bit like you were talking about.

I look forward to seeing what your company has in store for the future.

That's very interesting, I definitely hadn't thought about it in that way.

Obviously the cars are the lightest and the A's are the stiffest to begin with. FWIW, the E's are the the one's that need the most help with regard to stiffening.

That's very helpful.

Last edited by DQHemi; 11/08/07 09:57 AM.