Quote:

why not!! its a 74 not worth that much, why put alot of time and money into a car that in the long run he will lose money, just makes no sence to me,i can see 70 or 71 challenger but not 72 to 74,

The funny thing is that by making a statement like that it just says a lot about the hobby. I used the word "hobby" to define what the intent of doing all of this means. Hot rodding is an expression of the individual and not based on the worth in monetary form. If that were the case then it would be far more feasible to find and restore a Corvette or Duesenberg so that you can conform to the monetary basis that you propose.

I happen to prefer the look of the '72 Challenger over all the years despite it's muscle options. And while it may be true that a '72 and newer Challenger does not have the draw as that of a prior money year, I find the freedom of a restomod project is much more satisfying without the worry of destroying a numbers matching money car.

That to me is why it is worth all the bother and work. Besides unless you are a professional car restorer and in it for the money all cars are a loser.